
The former Kaizer Chiefs centre-back had been struggling with injuries this season and suffered further complications during a return to action in April.
He is now back to full fitness and featured for the Romanian Super League side in their 2-0 league defeat to Hermannstadt on Monday.
FCSB manager Mihai Stoica felt at the time of the relapse that Ngezana's chances of making the World Cup were slim.
"If you ask me, his presence at the World Cup is totally compromised," Stoica said on IOL.
"He won't be able to play. I explained it very clearly. The medical staff explained it to him, and not only that. My colleagues and I all explained it to him, but he believes he will play.
“It's a unique case since I've been in football. I explained to him that he's of a certain age, he's never been injured, and it's normal for him to be held back, but he has no chance. What can I do?”
Head coach Lucian Filip has, meanwhile, revealed the player's disappointment at the impending news.
"It's clear he's disappointed, but that's life; football doesn't end there," he said on Antena Sport.
“In the end, he has to respect his club. Thanks to the club, he came to the national team's attention. I hope he will be present at the next World Cup.”





